Friday, April 10, 2009

The Cat and the court

OK, I just realize that what is supposed to be blog sharing ups and downs, lately the downs have had the floor- that being said I would like to share an event that I found quite funny. In Ukraine you have many contradictions, you have amazing statues, architecture and memorials- the two trains stations I have been in have incredible carvings and artwork. Then you have the legal buildings, airport and many of the apartment buildings that are dated and many of them run down.

The court that we are required to go to is an older building. While waiting outside of the Judges office one day to ask about our court date ( it was Richard, myself, Riesa and Daniel our translator) a beautiful siamese cat came and ran right up to me and jumped into my lap. It was quite insistent on receiving attention from our group and when finished with me moved on to Daniel. While we were granting our guest his required affection their were court staff members walking in and out of offices, occasionally smiling with us and our new friend. After some time the cat decided he was finished with us and jumped down and started outdoors. One of the staff members grew quite excited and spoke very rapidly to Daniel who while chuckling answered her distress. She was worried that "our" cat may run away if we let it loose like that to which Daniel explained that it was not our cat. Now what really struck me as funny is that it was not odd to them to think that I would bring my cat to court with me.

Rest assured that through our frustrations God grants us moments of humor and joy. I can't stress enough while I have been complaining that God has provided some amazing people to come along side us in our journey. Please continue to pray and in addition our requests please ask God to bless these wonderful people who have made the road we are traveling less bumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment